It is always fun to get to know one another, so I thought I would share a little about myself to help you get to know me. A few things about me are………
– I was born in North Platte, Nebraska (out in the boonies!).
– Growing up, I spent three years in Nebraska, two years living in Colorado, one year in Yuma, AZ and the rest of my childhood in Texas (mainly Dallas- Fort Worth). Go Broncos!
– Some of my favorite things to do are….. watching movies with my family, snorkeling, building sand castles on the beach, smelling the ocean air, going on snake hunts with my son (he LOVES snakes), making coffee in the morning, taking road trips, going to aquariums, playing football (or most sports for that matter), watching football (Go Broncos!), teaching (you know it!), making my classroom awesome, and helping other teachers learn to love teaching as much as I do! These are just a few of the MANY things I love to do!
– My greatest strength is my vision and creativity to see what things and people can become when others can’t quite see it.
– OK, this one is hard to do, but my greatest weakness is perhaps not always keeping my priorities straight (A good example of this would be that I often will work on things at home instead of enjoying time with my family).
– My greatest hope for this school year is that all of my students will absolutely LOVE being in my class and know they are somewhere they are cared about and are safe.
– My greatest fear about this school year is that my students won’t feel accepted here at Burton Academy.